Tier II and III
Tier II - MedEx Academy Experiences
• Clinicians – Students attend medical conferences, classroom courses, and patient centered experiences throughout the health system.
• Researchers – Students work on research projects at varying stages.
o Proposal development
o Establishing research protocol
o Regulatory compliance
o Study implementation
o Evaluation and analysis of results
o Report findings
o Posters and publications
• Students – Students complete the practice exam for MCAT and other graduate level programs and receive counseling on how they can improve their score. Students attend “Personal Statement” workshops and meet with medical school admission officers, advisors, medical personnel, and faculty members from multiple institutions.
Tier III - MedEx Academy Experiences
• Clinicians – Students participate in the introductory overview of medical school courses, observe clinical settings, and explore varying aspects of the healthcare delivery system.
• Researchers – Students are immersed into established teams working on clinical or translational research within the healthcare delivery system.
• Volunteers –Students participate in simulations to better understand the complexity of access to care of for various populations.