Applicant Selection Criteria:
- Highest priority is given to graduates of LCME-accredited medical schools.
- To be eligible for selection, applicants must apply via the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) by December 31, 2012, and must be enrolled in the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP).
- We sponsor J-1 Visas only.
- Foreign medical school applicants must be ECFMG certified and current by June 1, 2013.
- All applicants must have 3 letters of recommendation from U.S. or Canadian physicians.
- All applicants must be within 3 years of graduation from medical school.
- All applicants must have a minimum of 3 months of U.S. or Canadian direct patient care activity. Externships must have included direct patient care. Observerships do not fulfill this requirement.
- The selection process stringently evaluates performance on the USMLE examinations, grades in preclinical or clinical courses, letters of recommendation, communication skills, and personal qualities.
- We do not have a minimum score requirement for the USMLE, but strongly favor applicants with scores of 200 or greater.
- The Department of Internal Medicine does not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, age, religion, color, national origin, disability, veteran status or sexual orientation.
For further information, contact:
J. Michael Fuller, M.D.
Internal Medicine Residency Program Director
701 Grove Road
Greenville, South Carolina 29605-5601
Phone: (864) 455-7882 Fax: (864) 455-5008
Kristie Stone, Program Coordinator